Becca, I'll take a shot at answering this and hope that I don't screw up and just wind up confusing you or worse.
Ok, here goes, deep breath. Print this out before you try it.
1. Go to the top of this bb page and click on "log in". Do Not click on Register. (this throws our webmaster into a frenzy-only kidding-it just means extra work for him. Hopefully, the way that I am having you do it want cause anyone any extra work.)
2. Type in the information that you usually do when you have to log in. Don't change anything here. Just enter your name and password and then log in.
3. A screen will come up saying "Welcome Back". The next step is kind of tricky because this welcome back thingy doesn't stay up there very long. There will be a line that reads "Modify registration". Click on it. If the screen doesn't stay up long enough for you to click on it, you will have to start over from the beginning. Don't give up. It may take you a couple of tries before you can find it and click on it. I think that it is the second or third line down from the top.
4. Once you have gotten into "modify registration", you can make your changes to your profile.
5. If you don't post in a few days, I'll e-mail you and come looking for you.
Shirley in AR. Remember to print this out so that you can follow the instructions, step by step.
E-mail Judy if you have problems. (she loves it when I volunteer her services-makes her feel useful) Love ya Judy. :-0
Mindy, You are right. There is not a place to change your name. You can change or add to your e-mail, area you are from, description or interests and password. So, it seems that you would have to re-register. If you choose to do this, I'll catch the wrath of our webmaster( but only if a lot of people do that). If you do decide to re-register then you would need to contact Bob Campbell, our wonderful webmaster and let him know that you have done this so that he can delete your old information.
Sorry about the confusion. I went into the modify registration place and glanced at it and didn't realize that your name could not be changed. I know that there is a limit to the number of characters one can use in the name slot if you do decide to change it.
This is from a post from Bob several months back.
Usernames can not be changed. You have to register again. Note that the maximum number of characters and spaces in a username is 20. If you do register with a new name, please let me know to delete the old one.
--modified by Shirley-Arkansas-USA at Sun, Mar 25, 2001, 10:27:13