Copay for Botox


Posted by Mary G , Mar 27,2002,18:03   Archive
Today I received a bill for 20% of the Botox charge that my doctor submits to my insurance carrier. I have been getting Botox since 1999- originally under one insurance carrier then in late 2001 another carrier. Today I got a bill and it equals 20% of the doctor's Botox fee. Has this happened to anyone else or have I been getting a free ride for a few years? I am so fortunate to have a wonderful doctor and will gladly pay this charge, but wondered how others are charged for their Botox treatments. Also, can anyone tell me if they are on Medicare A-B and is Botox still a 91 day global fee? Botox is wonderful and a bargain at any price...Mary



Recommend Current pageAuthor Profile
Replies to this message


Re: Copay for Botox

Re : Copay for Botox --- Mary G
Posted by Kathleen Bowers , Mar 27,2002,19:06 Top of Thread Archive
Mary, your questions are interesting....Have had no problem with Medicare B and private insurance (supplement) covering my expense for BoTox... but within the past some ten years the amount charged has almost doubled. I don't understand about "91 day global fee". Others do, I feel sure. Your BEB friend, Kitty



Recommend Original Message Top of Thread Where am I? Current pageAuthor Profile
Re: Copay for Botox

Re : Copay for Botox --- Mary G
Posted by Sally - in - Idaho , Mar 27,2002,21:07 Top of Thread Archive
Hi Mary,

I have Medicare A and B, plus an HMO. I pay a $10 co-payment, Medicare pays 80% or what they have allowed for the procedure and drug, and my HMO pays the remainder of what Medicare has allowed (20%). Without the HMO (which costs me $323 a month!) I would have to pay the 20%. There seem to be all sorts of percentages of what insurances pay.

Sally in Idaho who is so grateful to have insurance, but things could change drastically in October.




Recommend Original Message Top of Thread Where am I? Current pageAuthor Profile